Monday, September 04, 2006

Focus Point #1

I surf the channels often. I think we have 7 or 8 that deal with the gospel and religions. I can't believe (obviously) some of the radical, unfounded, so called Bible positions some of these people put out. I know everyone has a right to their opinion and method of interpretation, but in my view - all of them I have listened to completely omit some very important facets in this whole Middle East crises.
I'd like to comment on several. (call them shooting off one or two missiles).

The FIRST is....Let's never forget the attributes of God. I'll not apply all of them, but several come to my mind as I think they should to every Bible believer.

ONE - God is SOVEREIGN. Every life and every day is in His constant, absolute
control. And I do mean EVERY life.

TWO - God is LOVE. He loves every saint and He loves every sinner. Every born
again believer and every follower of the radical Muslim terrorists.

THREE: In His sovereign love, He allows every human being a free will,
either to do HIS will or not to do His will. Obviously, we are watching
literally millions of Muslims getting up each day wondering how they
can destroy God's chosen people, the Jew.

FOUR: God is IMMUTABLE. He can NOT change. Every attribute and every
prophecy He has ever made will forever be carried out and be
completed. Isa. 49:13-16.

Now - along with these and other attributes that I have not mentioned (you probably
have my note on that) I remind you of the great Angelic conflict that has been an on-going battle since before the creation. God and Satan are in constant conflict. I believe that's true in every life, and in every sovereign nation.

God has made scores of prophecies concerning His Son. Some have been fulfilled in every detail. Those that have not been fulfilled WILL BE fulfilled in every detail.
ONE...and I'll only mention one at this time, is found in Isa. 9:6&7. In those two verses there are 15 promises. Some have already come to pass. Two, to be specific. That leaves 13 to go! And it is imperative that the believer believe this.

The conflict between God and Satan is this: If Satan can thwart, change or prevent any of God's promises, then he (Satan) can prove God to be a liar and prove Him NOT to be sovereign.

Is that what this war in the Middle East is about? Emphatically ....YES! This is what every war everywhere is about. Is this war a pre curser to the Battle of Armageddon? No, I don't think so because that doesn't come until the end of the Tribulation (7 years) and we don't and can't know when that will begin. But more on that next time.

Blessings on you,

Bro. Bob

No comments: